Obedience as an Expression of Love
- Keith Stewart
Obedience often brings people a sense of forced submission or irrational discipline. Maybe we’ve been involved in churches or religious organizations that abuse the subject of obedience. So how do we repair God’s original intent for obedience?
- Obedience and joy are correlated within scripture. What experiences do you have in your own life that make it difficult to join those two in your mind?
- The true nature of hearing is not just listening. It’s listening, learning, and living. Which one do you struggle with the most? Which one do you succeed with the most?
- As a small group, re-read Matthew 7.24-27, and answer these three questions:
- How does this passage speak to me personally?
- What does this passage say about the world around me?
- What about this passage is weird, cool, or confusing?
Download and use the SPRINGCREEK CHURCH APP for interactive message notes, online giving, events, and so much more! Get all the info you need at your fingertips!
Or, engage with us for updates, alerts, and information by text…
CHURCH INFO AND UPDATES: Text SPRINGCREEK to 96995
GUESTS: Text NEW to 96995
CONNECT: Text CONNECT to 96995
PRAYER: Text PRAYER to 96995
COMMUNITY GROUPS: Text CG to 96995
FAMILIES: Text PRESCHOOL or KIDS or MS or HS to 96995
Your generosity helps transforms lives. Be a part of something bigger.
There are three easy ways to give from right where you are:
1) Text GIVE to 96995
2) Give online: https://www.springcreekchurch.org/give
3) Mail your gift directly:
2660 Belt Line Road
Garland, TX 75044
Thank you for the culture of generosity that exists here because of you!